I want to take a moment to welcome you to Lou’s Luscious Book Blog and to thank you for agreeing to take part in my relaunch/rebrand event.
Before we get into the actual interview questions please tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m a German native, living together with my husband and little son. Besides writing I love reading, dancing and watching way too many TV shows. Right now obsessing over Tom Hiddleston would also make that list. I love coffee, can’t function without it and tend to turn grumpy when I don’t have it.
- Favourite Movie? That’s hard……..I can’t choose. Jurassic World is high up there, along with all the Marvel movies.
- Favourite Music? Sunrise Avenue, P!nk and Kelly Clarkson
- Favourite TV Show/Series? Criminal Minds (and ten others)
- Do you enjoy reading? If so what do you like to read? Absolutely everything, but I tend to read fantasy most.
- Who is your favourite author? Why are there so many hard questions LOL? Colleen Hoover probably.
- What are you reading at the minute? Six books at the same time. Took up The Chosen by JR Ward again yesterday.
- What freaks you out or gives you the heebie-jeebies? Any kind of horror movies honestly.
- If you could meet any person living or dead who would you like to meet and why? Kelly Clarkson – she’s amazing, down-to-earth and seems sure approachable.
Quick Fire Questions:
- Sweet or Savoury? Savoury
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
- Favourite Colour? Blue
- Favourite Animal? Dolphin
- Favourite Food? Chinese
- Favourite Drink? Apple water
- Good Guy or Bad Boy? Good guy
Writing Related Questions:
- What drew you to genre of books do you write? I ended up writing the kind of stories I love to read myself. YA fantasy and mysteries are amongst the books I devour, so it was only natural I would try my hand at that for me.
- Would you ever consider writing a different genre? If so which one? I would love to venture out. I have a few plans already and wanna get into paranormal and urban fantasy. Also plan on writing an actual romance.
- What made you want to write? I spent a lot of time fanfic writing with my best friend. I never expected to publish a book, but when the idea for my debut was born in a dream, I couldn’t get it out of my head. Only when I had it down on paper did I feel better. I haven’t stopped writing since.
- Do you set yourself daily targets when you’re writing? Not really. I try to use the limited time I have as best as I can.
- Do you have people to use as a sounding board? I do, which I’m very thankful for.
- Who is your favourite character to write or that you have written and why? I loved writing the relationship between the sisters Sky and June for Broken Jar Of Memories. I loved exploring a relationship I don’t have myself and felt deeply connected to them. Their characters were easy to write and just flowed along. They constantly kept me entertained.
- Are any of your characters based on real people? If so can you tell us which characters or people? There are a few that are based on people in my life. My best friend plays a big role as much as a few other people I give cameos. I love doing that.
- If any of your books were turned into a movie or tv series who would be your leading man/lady? I am really bad at this. However, I’d like to have someone kick ass like Jennifer Lawrence play Sophie of the Dalysia trilogy.
- Which book would you most like to see as said movie/tv series? My Dalysia trilogy.
And finally is there anything else that you would like us to know?
Spotlight time, please provide blurbs, covers & links to your books 🙂
Broken Jar Of Memories:
Family first. That’s Skylar Austin’s motto. So when her little sister goes missing, her whole world threatens to come crashing down in a single night. But then June is found and everything should be perfect, right?
Only it isn’t.
June doesn’t remember anything — not even the sister she had always admired. With the aid of the sisters’ memory jar, Skylar wants nothing more than to help June regain what she has lost. While her kidnapper is still out there wanting to finish what he started, the Austin family struggles to keep it together.
Some memories are buried for a reason. So what happens once they start to unravel? Will they keep the danger at bay – or bring it right to their door?
One night can change everything.
For seventeen-year-old Sophie Evans life is completely average. And she likes it that way.
Until one night, her apartment is attacked. Out of nowhere, creatures climb through her windows with only one goal in mind: to kill her. Only with the help of two handsome strangers and her next-door-neighbor does she make it out alive.
While the immediate danger is gone, Sophie finds herself thrown into a world she didn’t even knew existed — dealing with powers she knows nothing about and a race counting on her to save them.
How can she be the only hope of a race she never even knew existed? When pressure threatens to suffocate her, can Sophie fight the odds stacked against her, or will she lose herself in the process?
The Test was just the beginning.
Having reigned victorious in the Dalysian Test, Sophie is shocked to discover it is not the end of her journey on Jenace. Finding herself responsible for the fate of an entire race is a burden impossible to bear, but one she knows she cannot walk away from.
With the help of a small group of trusted people Sophie begins to prepare for the infamous Trials, but quickly realizes that the competition isn’t the only threat to her survival. Worst of all, her biggest opponent turns out to be her greatest weakness.
What do you do when you don’t know who you can trust anymore? How do you keep going when faith threatens to desert you and the burden you carry is almost impossible to bear?
With the Trials looming, Sophie has to find a way to beat the odds. Failure is not an option.
Jamie Summer is a native of Germany, where she lives with her husband and son. She’s currently working on her next book and wishes there were 48 hours to the day so she could do everything she sets her sights on.
Besides writing Jamie enjoys watching her son grow up, reading and watching way too many TV shows.
For you chance to win an ebook copy of one of Jamie’s books, winner’s choice (direct to kindle)